In case if you lost your Android device or it got stolen, all that’s left is a hope that security lock will protect your valuable personal data without being accessed and used with evil intentions. Unfortunately, if the person who’ve found your Android phone knows how to pull files using adb drivers, whole data can be transferred to PC. Other way to reach personal information on locked device is to boot into custom recovery menu and mount selected partitions so they become accessible via USB port.
But in most cases, lost and found devices simply got factory reset so they can be sold or used over again. That’s why Google started to use account lock feature since the release of Lollipop 5.1. Once the boot process begins, the device will ask to enter previously linked Google account and password. Now, the device becomes unuseful and that’s how Factory Reset Protection works.
Imagine, you forgot your password and Google account details. Does it mean you can’t even use your own Android anymore? That’s not fair! So here’s how to bypass FRP on any Android device in minutes following the tutorial below.
- Go through basic setup until you reach Verify your account screen.
- Tap on Enter your email line for the keyboard to popup.
- Now, on keyboard long press @ character until a settings icon popup. Slide up to select it.
- Tap on Google Keyboard Settings.
- You’ll see a three dot icon on the top right of the next screen. Tap on it and choose Help & Feedback option.
- Select whatever topic you like and highlight any line of the text.
- Tap on web search option on the top right and type: settings
- Select Settings menu suggestion and you’re in.
- Now you need to enable Developer mode by going to Settings/About phone and keep taping on Build number until you see You are now a developer!
- After that go to Settings/ Options and enable OEM Unlocking (this enables bootloader to be unlocked).
- Go back unlit you reach web search screen and reboot your device.
- Reboot might take up to 5 minutes, so be patient.
- After device boots up, go through basic setup and add your account.