There are two ways to install TWRP recovery on LG G4 device. The easiest one is using Flashify app, and the harder one requires minimal knowledge in using ADB driver commands. Even if you don’t know how to use them, just carefully follow our second tutorial and you’ll make it.
Warning: This tutorial is only for LG G4 H815 model.
• Bootloader must be unlocked. Follow this tutorial to make it happen.
• LG G4 must be Rooted. This tutorial shows how to get Root.
• If you are using LG PC Suite program on PC it should be completely turned off to not disturb all the process.
• USB drivers must be installed on PC (if LG PC Suite software are in PC then drivers are already installed).
• USB Debugging and OEM unlock must be enabled on the device. To enable it go to Settings/About phone/Software information and keep taping on Build number until you see Developer mode has been turned on. After that go to Settings/ Options and check both, USB Debugging and OEM unlock.
Using Flashify app:
- Download TWRP 18.104.22.168 recovery.img file.
- Place recovery file in to device internal storage (not microSD card).
- Download and install Flashify app.
- Open Flashify and tap on Recovery image, then Choose a file.
- Locate TWRP 22.214.171.124 recovery.img file which was downloaded in step 1 and tap on it.
- Select Normal Android Way.
- After flashing is complete, tap on Reboot now.
- Device will reboot.
Now you have TWRP recovery installed on your LG G4.
To get in to recovery: Turn off the device, push and hold Power + Volume down buttons at the same time. When LG logo show up, keep holding Volume down button and repeatedly press Power button until TWRP logo appear on the screen.
Or you can use Quick Boot app to boot in to recovery without using buttons combination.
Using ADB driver commands:
- Download TWRP 126.96.36.199 recovery.img file to PC.
- Place recovery file on the desktop.
- Connect LG G4 to PC via USB cable and select MTP mode.
- Open a cmd window on your computer and type:
You should get a message saying List of devices attached. This confirms that device is properly connected.
- Next reboot your LG in bootloader mode by typing this command:
adb reboot bootloader
- Change the directory of your cmd to your Desktop by typing this command:
- Next, type the following command and hit enter:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.2-0-h815.img
- After recovery flashing is complete, type adb reboot recovery and hit enter to reboot LG into TWRP recovery. Type reboot to simply reboot LG G4.
To get into recovery: Turn off the device, push and hold Power + Volume down buttons at the same time. When LG logo show up, keep holding Volume down button and repeatedly press Power button until TWRP logo appear on the screen.
That’s it! Now you have TWRP recovery installed on your LG G4.