This root method works on any LG G4 phone running Marshmallow.
Warning: Rooting voids device’s warranty, users should proceed at their own risk.
This root will not erase internal storage on device, but for safety reasons it’s still strongly recommended to back up all data before getting started.
• The device should have at least 60% charge left on the battery.
• If you are using LG PC Suite program on PC it should be completely turned off to not disturb all the process.
• USB drivers must be installed on PC (if LG PC Suite software are in PC then drivers are already installed).
• USB Debugging and OEM unlock must be enabled on the device. To enable it go to Settings/About phone/Software information and keep taping on Build number until you see Developer mode has been turned on. After that go to Settings/ Options and check both, USB Debugging and OEM unlock.
- Connect LG G4 to the PC via USB cable.
- Download LG Root.zip to PC and extract it.
- Go to LG Root folder and open cmd window: holding shift key, right click on empty space in folder and choose Open command window here.
- Let’s make sure our device is connected properly. On cmd window type adb.exe devices then press enter. We should get List of devices attached.
- Now we need to push SuperSU update into device by executing this command on cmd:
adb.exe push busybox /data/local/tmp/ && adb.exe push lg_root.sh /data/local/tmp && adb.exe push UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip /data/local/tmp
- Disconnect LG from USB and turn it off.
- Keep holding Volume Up button and again plug in a USB cable connected to the PC.
- Update screen will show up.
- Using PC launch ports.bat file which was extracted in step 2. This will give the COM port in which LG device is connected. Look for the Diag port. In our example we have port COM4
- Close ports window and in cmd type:
- Run the root script by typing:
sh /data/local/tmp/lg_root.sh dummy 1 /data/local/tmp/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip /data/local/tmp/busybox
- Type fastboot reboot to reboot LG.
That’s it! Congratulations for successfully rooting LG G4!