OnePlus 3 can now run unofficial Nougat 7.1 (CyanogenMod 14.1) ROM full of many great features.
The latest Nougat 7.1 update has come for OnePlus 3 via CyanogenMod 14.1 ROM since Google released Android Nougat source code. Thanks to CyanogenMod developers team, OnePlus 3 users can enjoy the new generation Android OS, which officially so far not available on this device.
First Android Nougat 7 update will roll out on upcoming December and only for the latest Google Nexus devices. As for today, OnePlus manufacturer says that the official new generation Android OS update will be released till the end of this year, but with no current dates promised. Users who don’t want to live in a waiting period, can now get the latest Nougat 7.1 custom ROM by following our tutorial below.
Warning: Update process will erase device internal storage, so it’s strongly recommended to backup your data to device SD memory card or PC before starting this tutorial.
• OnePlus 3 bootloader must be unlocked. This tutorial shows how to do it.
• TWRP recovery must be installed. Don’t have it? Then follow this tutorial.
• Device should have at least 60% charge left on the battery.
• USB Debugging and OEM unlock must be enabled. Go to Settings/About/Software Information/More and keep tapping on Build number until you see that Developer options was enabled. Then go to Settings/Developer Options and check both, USB Debugging and OEM unlock.
- Download CyanogenMod 14.1 custom ROM zip file to PC or straight to mobile device.
- Download Google Apps package to PC or straight to mobile device.
- Place both files into device internal storage.
- Now boot OnePlus 3 into recovery: Turn off the device, then press and hold Volume Up + Power + Home button until recovery menu show up.
- Make a current software backup, so you will have a recovery file in case if something goes wrong. Tap on Backup and select all the partitions including System, Data, Boot and Cache. Then swipe to make a backup.
- After backup is done, go back to main menu and select Wipe, then choose Advanced Wipe and check System, Data, Cache and Dalvik Cache partitions.
- Swipe and wait for the wiping process to complete.
- Next, go back to main menu and choose Install, then locate CyanogenMod 14.1 custom ROM zip file.
- Tap on it and swipe to begin custom ROM installation process.
- After installation is done, go back to main menu, choose Install and locate the Google Apps.zip file. Swipe to install it.
- After process is complete, go back to main menu and tap on Wipe, then choose Advanced Wipe.
- Check Cache and Dalvik Cache partitions, then swipe to confirm. After wiping is done, go back to main menu ant tap on Reboot to reboot OnePlus 3.
- First startup can take up to 15 minutes, so be patient.
Congratulations on successfully updating OnePlus 3 to Nougat 7.1 custom ROM!