After having worst update experience with one of the latest Xiaomi devices, we decided to share some practice with our readers, giving the best solution we found yet.
As you might already know, part of Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus releases comes with fake ROM called Miui Global 22.214.171.124.
Users who tried to make manual update by flashing ROM using Xiaomi Flash tool are now suffering with failed update process which leads to hard bricked device status. Redmi 5 Plus just stuck on boot logo or simply reboots itself countless times.
Here’s the list how many different ROMs we tried and only one of them (marked in bold) successfully brought back Redmi 5 Plus to life:
Note 1: After finishing our tutorial Redmi 5 Plus will bootup into China ROM which doesn’t include Google Play or other basic apps. Device will be set with China apps according to its main region. From here you’ll need to flash global ROM which includes all the basic apps and Google services, but this step requires bootloader to be unlocked. We’ll also guide you through this process in our next tutorial.
Note 2: Instructions given below includes test point recovery method where taking off aluminum back cover is a must.
- Using PC download China ROM .tgz file and Xiaomi Flash Tool.
- Extract China ROM .tgz file.
- Extract Xiaomi Flash Tool and install it into your PC.
- Take off Redmi 5 Plus back cover as shown in this video.
- Unplug battery cable marked in circle red on the right and take a good look at two test points marked on the left.
- Now start Xiaomi Flash Tool and use a sharp pointed angle tweezer to short the test points firmly. Keep touching them while connecting Redmi 5 Plus via USB cable to PC.
Check this video if you’re still wondering how to do it.
- If everything is done right, refresh Flash Tool and COM10 port should appear.
- Click on select and choose China ROM folder.
- Click flash to begin flashing process.
- After process is done, disconnect Redmi from PC and connect battery cable back to its place.
Congratulations! Your Redmi 5 Plus is now unbricked.
First boot might take up to 15 minutes, so be patient and do not interrupt the process.