Not so long ago HTC announced it’s latest flagman called HTC 10, which came in mobile devices market very shortly. It also didn’t took long since suitable custom recovery and root tool was released. Consequently, every user after following our tutorial, will be free to modify HTC 10 for his own needs.
This TWRP install and Root tutorial is compatible with all HTC 10 models running Marshmallow 6.0
• HTC bootloader must be unlocked. This tutorial shows how to do it.
• Device should have at least 60% charge left on the battery.
• USB Debugging and OEM unlock must be enabled. Go to Settings/About/Software Information/More and keep tapping on Build number until you see that Developer options was enabled. Then go to Settings/Developer Options and check both, USB Debugging and OEM unlock.
• Skip driver installation if you have used our bootloader unlock tutorial. If not, then HTC USB drivers must be installed on PC. It’s recommended to restart your PC after installation is complete.
- Connect HTC to PC via USB cable. Choose Always allow from this computer on device.
Then go to Settings/Battery Manager and make sure Fastboot is unchecked.
- Download to PC twrp-3.0.2-2-pme.img file and rename it to twrp.img
- On PC open cmd window: holding shift key, right click on empty space in folder where twrp.img file is placed and choose Open command window here.
- On cmd window type fastboot devices then press enter.
- You should get a serial number approving that fastboot drivers are working properly. If not, try reinstalling them or connect cable to another PC USB port.
- Next type adb reboot bootloader and hit enter.
- Then in cmd type fastboot flash recovery twrp.img and hit enter.
- TWRP recovery will now be installed on your HTC.
- After installation is complete, highlight reboot using volume buttons and press power button to select.
- HTC will reboot.
- You can boot to TWRP recovery by turning off the device and holding power + volume down button together until you see white screen. Using volume buttons highlight boot to recovery mode and select it with power button.
- Phone will reboot in to TWRP recovery menu.
- Download superuser.zip file straight to mobile device.
- Boot HTC in to TWRP recovery by following 11th step written above.
- In recovery menu tap on Install and look for superuser.zip file.
- Tap on it and swipe to flash.
- After flash is complete tap on Reboot and choose System.
- Phone will reboot and you should find SuperSU app on the screen.