OnePlus 3 is one of the greatest and the latest flagman released this month. As usual, it came with factory locked bootloader which prevents users from making any customization on their device. And it’s the main reason why we made this tutorial.
Whole procedure is quite simple and requires the usual ADB and Fastboot methods required by other Android devices.
Warning: Unlocking bootloader voids devices warranty. Proceed at your own risk.
During the unlock process, device internal storage will be erased. It’s strongly recommended to back up all data before getting started.
• USB Debugging and OEM unlock must be enabled. To enable it, go to Settings/About phone/Software info and tap on Build number 7 times. Go back and choose Developer options, then enable USB Debugging and OEM unlock.
• ADB drivers must be installed on PC.
- Connect OnePlus 3 to PC via USB cable.
- Using PC go to ADB and Fastboot drivers folder and open cmd window: holding shift key, right click on empty space in folder and choose Open command window here.
- On cmd window type fastboot devices and hit enter.
- You should get a serial number approving that device is properly connected into fastboot mode. If not, try to connect cable to another PC USB port or reinstall the drivers.
- You can also check bootloader status by typing fastboot oem device-info
“Device unlocked: false” proves that you can proceed. If you get “Device unlocked: true“, this means your device bootloader is already unlocked and there’s no need to proceed.
- Now lets boot OnePlus 3 into fastboot mode. To do so, type adb reboot bootloader and hit enter. OnePlus 3 fastboot mode screen will show up.
- Next type fastboot oem unlock and hit enter. You will get the prompt to unlock the device on the OnePlus 3. Use the volume button to select and continue with Yes.
Unlock process should take just a couple of seconds.
- Type fastboot reboot to reboot the device.
- To check the bootloader status, on cmd type fastboot unlock-info and hit enter. It should return True on unlock status approving that OnePlus 3 bootloader is successfully unlocked.
Other way to check if bootloader is unlocked is to manually boot OnePlus 3 into bootloader mode: press the power button on the device to bring up the power menu, select Reboot/Bootloader and wait for the device to boot into bootloader mode. Below you should see DEVICE STATE – unlocked status.