Couple users requested to make this tutorial, because they felt unhappy with the first Marshmallow 6.0 update received, so they wanted to get their devices back to Lollipop 5.0. As much as we know, there’s a reason for this. After Marshmallow update, some Galaxy S5 models become more laggy and their batteries started to drain fast.
The tutorial given below will downgrade Galaxy S5 to the stable Lollipop 5.0 OS and hopefully should bring back the smile for many users.
Warning: This tutorial is only for Galaxy S5 SM-G900F model.
Update process will erase device internal storage, so it’s strongly recommended to backup your data to device SD memory card or PC before starting this tutorial.
• The device should have at least 60% charge left on the battery.
• If you have Samsung Kies program in PC, Kies should be completely turned off to not disturb all the process.
• USB drivers must be installed on PC (if Kies are in PC then drivers are already installed).
• USB Debugging must be enabled on the device. To enable it go to Settings/About phone and keep taping on Build number until you see Developer mode has been turned on. After that go to Settings/ Options then check USB Debugging.
- Download Odin3 v3.10.7 to PC and extract it.
- Download Lollipop 5.0 to PC and extract it so you’ll get .tar.md5 file.
- Turn off Galaxy S5 and boot into Download mode by pressing and holding down the Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together. When a warning screen is displayed release all buttons and press the Volume Up button to enter Download mode.
- Run Odin3-v3.10.7.exe as an Administrator and then connect Galaxy S5 to the PC via USB. Message showing Added!! will appear in Odin’s message box, if not, try another USB port. If the issue persists, try reinstalling the USB driver.
- Click on the AP button and select a .tar.md5 file, which was downloaded in step 2. In Odin, make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are checked while Re-Partition must stay unchecked. For example:
- Click Start button in Odin to begin the process.
- After the process is complete, Galaxy S5 will restart and a PASS message with green background will appear in the left box at the top of Odin.
- Turn off Odin and unplug USB cable from device.
- Galaxy S5 will restart. First startup can take up to 15 minutes, so be patient.
Congratulations on successfully downgrading Galaxy S5 to Lollipop 5.0 official ROM!