Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge is the latest Samsung’s flagship smartphone, powered by Knox with higher software safety standards. Despite this, Galaxy S6 series mobiles can now be rooted in very easy way.
For those who already know what is Knox, the question becomes “What about the warranty?”. It should be noted that from now on Knox counting how many times the smartphone was modified in any way, for egzample: installing customized software (custom ROM), installing CWM or TWRP custom recoveries or by rooting the device.
PingPong tool will root Samsung Galaxy S6 with bypassing the KNOX counter. This tool was created specially for S6 series and it works as a different root logarithm. Below we listed supported firmware builds that can be rooted. Verify the build number of your phone’s firmware by going to Settings/About/Build number.
1. Download the PingPong root tool on your PC or directly on Galaxy S6.
2. Go to Settings/Lockscreen and Security and enable Unknown Sources option on your device.
3. If you have downloaded the tool on your PC then connect the phone with it and place pingpongroot_beta6.apk to device.
4. On the phone launch .apk file and install it.
5. Run the PingPong app. It’ll prompt to install SuperSU, install the app.
6. Next tap on Download Data button to download necessary files.
7. Once the device data is updated, enable Airplane mode.
8. Tap on the Get Root! and you’ll be prompted for permissions, allow it.
9. Reboot the device and let the file changes take effect.
10. Run the SuperSU app.
Congratulations on successfully rooting Samsung Galaxy S6.