- downgrade Galaxy S6 Edge to Lollipop
- Downgrade Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge to official Lollipop 5.0.2
- download official Lollipop 5.0.2 for Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F
- Galaxy S6 Edge downgrade tutorial
- Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F Lollipop 5.0.2 update
- how to downgrade Galaxy S6 Edge
- how to get back from Marshmallow to Lollipop
- how to get back to lollipop from marshmallow
- i don't like marshmallow android what do i do
There are Galaxy S6 Edge users who don’t feel happy with the latest Marshmallow 6.0 update and want to get their devices back to Lollipop 5.0. For this reason we decided to make a tutorial, so the downgrade can be done in much easier way.
Warning: This tutorial is only for Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F model.
Update process will erase device internal storage, so it’s strongly recommended to backup your data to device SD memory card or PC before starting this tutorial.
• The device should have at least 60% charge left on the battery.
• If you have Samsung Kies program in PC, Kies should be completely turned off to not disturb all the process.
• USB drivers must be installed on PC (if Kies are in PC then drivers are already installed).
• USB Debugging must be enabled on the device. To enable it go to Settings/About phone and keep taping on Build number until you see Developer mode has been turned on. After that go to Settings/ Options then check USB Debugging.
- Download Odin3 v3.10.7 to PC and extract it.
- Download Lollipop 5.0.2 to PC and extract it so you’ll get .tar.md5 file.
- Turn off Galaxy S6 Edge and boot into Download mode by pressing and holding down the Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together. When a warning screen is displayed release all buttons and press the Volume Up button to enter Download mode.
- Run Odin3-v3.10.7.exe as an Administrator and then connect Galaxy S6 Edge to the PC via USB. Message showing Added!! will appear in Odin’s message box, if not, try another USB port. If the issue persists, try reinstalling the USB driver.
- Click on the AP button and select a .tar.md5 file, which was downloaded in step 2. In Odin, make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are checked while Re-Partition must stay unchecked. For example:
- Click Start button in Odin to begin the process.
- After the process is complete, Galaxy S6 Edge will restart and a PASS message with green background will appear in the left box at the top of Odin.
- Turn off Odin and unplug USB cable from device.
- Galaxy S6 Edge will restart. First startup can take up to 15 minutes, so be patient.
Congratulations on successfully downgrading Galaxy S6 Edge to Lollipop 5.0.2 official ROM!