Have some apps that shouldn’t be visible on the screen? Or maybe you want to hide some of those useless pre-installed apps so that you don’t have to look at them. In both ways, you can hide apps on your Android using third-party launchers or setting this feature in Application manager.
Hide apps using Application manager
- Go to Settings/Application manager
- You will find a list of apps installed on your device.
- Tap on the app you want to hide and click on Turn off button.
In Application manager the Disabled menu will show all the apps that you have disabled. You can re-enable them from here if you need.
Please note that using this method you can only hide pre-installed apps. If you want to hide the apps you’ve installed by yourself, then follow the second tutorial below.
Hide apps using third-party launcher
By default, Android OS cannot hide the apps you’ve installed. That’s why you have to use a launcher that supports that feature. Launcher takes over the control of your home screen adding more options.
The most popular launchers that can hide apps are Apex Launcher, ADW.Launcher, and GO Launcher. So download one of them and depending on the launcher follow the steps below:
- Apex Launcher: open the Apex settings app, tap Drawer settings then choose Hidden apps. Tick the apps that you want to hide.
- ADW.Launcher: open the App Drawer and tap the Menu button (⋮), then select Setup Group. Uncheck the apps you want to hide.
- Go Launcher: open the App Drawer, swipe up on the App Drawer screen or tap the Menu button in the bottom-right corner. Tap Hide App and create an unlock pattern. Check the apps you want to hide and then tap OK.