After switching to a newer Samsung phone you may start wondering how to transfer data from one Samsung phone to another Samsung phone.
Exactly for this purpose the Smart Switch app was created. Which Samsung later integrated into their UI. Every Samsung user can now access this app in: Settings/Accounts and data back up/Smart Switch.
So let’s make things clear, you have 2 Samsung phones and want to transfer all your data from the old one to the new one right? Great, that’s what this tutorial is all about. You can do this in several ways, by watching the video below and following the steps shown there, or by following our step-by-step tutorial below.
- We recommend having both phones fully charged.
- Both phones must have Wifi and Bluetooth activated.
- Both phones must be on the same WiFi.
- Launch Smart Switch on both phones by going to Settings/Accounts and data back up/Smart Switch.
- On the phone that transfers data choose Send data.
- Then choose Receive data on your new phone and tap on Galaxy/Android option.
- Choose WiFi option on both devices to initiate data transfer.
- If a data transfer request pops up on the old phone, approve it.
- After scanning data is finished, choose the type of files you want to transfer to the new Samsung phone.
- After choosing the data types, click on Transfer to begin the transfer process.
That’s it! Your new Samsung is all setup up.
Leave a Reply