iOS 14.3 Beta brings some great new features and changes for both developers and public beta testers. iOS 14.3 gives us a first look at Apple ProRAW image capture for iPhone 12 Pro users, while also bringing Apple Music, Apple News+ Audio, and more. So let’s explore the top iOS 14.3 beta new features and improvements.
- Apple Music playlists now featuring a full-wide header along with animated artwork
- The Music app now utilizes a system-wide video player
Apple News + Audio updates
- The new “Subscriber Edition” symbol is now located in the upper right corner of the News app
- In iOS 14.3 it’s easier to read stories via handy links next to each audio story
- Text is now smaller just to not shorten titles
- New Apple News+ Audio channel is broken down by subject giving the ability to subscribe
A major change in this update it’s definitely the ProRAW feature which now gives the option for users to take photos in the highest editing format available on a mobile device. It also means that you don’t need to think about editing your pictures in Photoshop anymore since you can use all the most popular features right on your new iPhone. To switch on ProRAW go to Settings → Camera → Formats.
RAW Media Type Photos is now shown in an additional Album that can be found in the Gallery app.
- RAW toggle in Photos section of the Camera app
- New RAW tag in the upper left-hand corner of Apple ProRAW photos in the Photos app
- New RAW Media Type in Photos → Albums
TV app design updates
- Updated Watch Now, Library and Search buttons similar to the Music app
- Spacing updates between sections
- Updated Open In button color
- Updated button tint color throughout the TV app
- Updated Search similar to the Music app
Another great improvement is a new PAL format option that can be found in the video recording section. From now on you can record video in one of the most popular formats that are used in Europe and many other countries.
- Set Wallpaper action in Shortcuts returns
- Show PAL Formats. To enable this go to Settings → Camera → Record Video
- Updated Software Update section in the Home app, with granular Automatic Updates switch
- Apple Fitness+ Analytics switch that can be found in Settings → Privacy → Analytics & Improvements
- New Apple Arcade filters
Apple ProRAW is really promising new feature bringing mobile photography to a whole new level.
Yes, you can take photos using formats like HEIF and JPEG that are perfect for capturing great-looking images at small file sizes, but Apple ProRAW is all about giving users full control and an opportunity to release their creativity. RAW capture lends more flexibility to adjust elements like color and white balance in the post instead of baking in adjustments in a ready-to-share file that can’t accommodate as much customization in the post. If you purchased an iPhone 12 Pro, this is one of the key features that set it apart from the baseline iPhone 12.