Most of the Apple fans already know that since September 25-th upgraded iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus series has been officially released. As usual Apple added S at the end of their names, which means Smart. Also S represents the released performance upgrades to the previous year’s new model. All upgrades are internal and except dimensions, none of the changes will be seen looking at the body. So lets make things clear and take a good look inside.
First of all what Apple emphasize is a new 3D touch function. iPhone 6s from now on having this feature can sense the power of every touch and according to that, give different control options. Pressing lightly it gives you a peak at the content, continue pressing and it pops you in to the content itself. We suggest you to watch a very detailed video of this new generation touch technology.
Next thing which attracts attention is first in iPhone history stunning 12-megapixel iSight camera with 4k video recording compatibility. Integrated high quality five element lens captures panorama photos in up to 63 megapixels. All those numbers not always helps to describe video quality without just being able to see it.
And the last important thing is this most advanced smartphone chip in the world. The A9 chip build on 64-bit architecture with dual-core 1.84 GHz CPU. It’s declared that A9 offers greater performance and even more improved power efficiency.
We found only couple of differences while comparing both of these models. You’ll see them in technical specifications below.
And talking about the price, as usual for iOS devices it varies depending on internal memory size. Price ranges in Europe:
iPhone 6s: iPhone 6s Plus:
16GB ∼760€ 16GB ∼870€
64GB ∼870€ 64GB ∼970€
128GB ∼970€ 128GB ∼1080€
2G GSM 850/900/1800/1900;
3G HSDPA 850/900/1700/1900/2100;
4G LTE 700/800/850/900/1700/1800/1900/2100/2300/2500/2600;
• Dimensions 138.3 x 67.1 x 7.1mm, weight 143g (iPhone 6s)
• Dimensions 158.2 x 77.9 x 7.3mm, weight 192g (iPhone 6s Plus)
• 16M colors, 4.7 inches LED backlit IPS LCD display with 1334 x 750 resolution and ∼326 ppi pixel density, ion-strengthened glass, 3D Touch display, oleo-phobic coating (iPhone 6s)
• 16M colors, 5.5 inches LED backlit IPS LCD display with 1920 x 1080 resolution and ∼401 ppi pixel density, ion-strengthened glass, 3D Touch display, oleo-phobic coating (iPhone 6s Plus)
• Processor Dual core 1.84GHz with Apple A9 chipset
• GPU PowerVR GT7600 (six-core graphics)
• 2GB RAM
• 16/64/128GB internal memory
• 12MP rear camera with 4032 × 3024 resolution, autofocus, optical stabilization, panorama, dual tone LED flash, 4K video recording 2160@30fps, 1080@60fps, 1080@120fps, 720@240fps.
8MP image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, HDR panorama function
• Front camera 5MP with 1080@30fps, 720@240fps video recording, face detection, HDR, panorama function
• Bluetooth v4.2 with A2DP, LE
• NFC (Apple Pay only)
• Fingerprint sensor (Touch ID v2)
• iOS 9
• Accelerometer, gyroscope, compass, barometer, proximity sensor
• Nano SIM
• Integrated Li-Po 1715mAh battery (iPhone 6s)
• Integrated Li-Po 2750mAh battery (iPhone 6s Plus)
• Standby time up to 240 hours, talk time up to 14 hours (iPhone 6s)
• Standby time up to 384 hours, talk time up to 24 hours (iPhone 6s Plus)
• Available colors: space gray, silver, gold, rose gold