This bootloader unlock tutorial is compatible with all Sony Xperia devices.
All the information stored in internal memory won’t be deleted, but it’s still strongly recommended to backup your data to device microSD card or PC before starting this tutorial. Otherwise you might lose everything that’s important for you.
• Check if your Sony device can be unlocked by typing *#*#7378423#*#* in to the dialer. Then go to Service info/Configuration/Rooting Status. If you see „Bootloader unlock allowed: Yes“ that means your device can be unlocked and you can proceed. If you have „Bootloader unlock allowed: No“ status, that means your device is unlockable and you should not proceed.
• The device should have at least 60% charge left on the battery.
• ADB and Fastboot drivers must be installed on PC.
1. Go to Sony developer website and choose your device, then hit Continue
2. Enter your email to approve that you want to continue unlocking bootloader, so the further instructions will be sent.
3. Open your email and click on the link to proceed.
4. Open device dialer and type *#06# to find out your IMEI number.
5. Type IMEI number in to IMEI verification page. Check following boxes and hit Submit.
6. On device go to Settings/About phone and keep taping on Build number until you see Developer mode has been turned on.
7. After that go to Settings/ Options then check USB Debugging.
8. Turn off your device, hold down volume up button and connect to PC via USB cable.
9. On PC go to ADB and Fastboot drivers folder and open cmd window: holding shift key, right click on empty space in folder and choose Open command window here.
10. On cmd window type fastboot devices then press enter.
11. You should get a serial number approving that fastboot drivers are working properly. If not, try reinstalling them or connect cable to another PC USB port.
12. On PC scroll down the Sony bootloader unlock instruction page till you find Enter unlock key paragraph with the code you need.
13. Copy fastboot -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xKEY line and paste it on cmd window, then hit enter.
14. If everything is ok, you should see finished. total time line.
15. Type fastboot reboot to reboot your Sony device.
That’s it! You can now disconnect your phone from USB.