- best custom ROM for Galaxy Alpha
- download ResurrectionRemix ROM for Galaxy Alpha
- how to get Marshmallow 6.0 on Galaxy Alpha
- how to update Galaxy Alpha to Marshmallow 6.0.1
- how to wipe cache on Galaxy
- latest update for Galaxy Alpha SM-G850F
- Marshmallow 6.0 update for Galaxy Alpha SM-G850F
- Update Galaxy Alpha to Marshmallow 6.0.1 custom ROM
Galaxy Alpha keeps running on Lollipop 5.0.2 and there’s no promises that it’ll receive official Marshmallow update, especially when most of us are looking forward to Nougat 7.0 release. So we thought it’s time to put Galaxy Alpha into 6-th generation OS. Tutorial given below perfectly shows how to do it.
Warning: This tutorial is only for Galaxy Alpha SM-G850F models.
Update process will erase device internal storage, so it’s strongly recommended to backup your data to device SD memory card or PC before starting this tutorial.
• The device should have at least 60% charge left on the battery.
• If you have Samsung Kies program in PC, Kies should be completely turned off to not disturb all the process.
• USB drivers must be installed on PC (if Kies are in PC then drivers are already installed).
• CWM or TWRP recovery must be installed. Don’t have it? Then follow this tutorial.
• USB Debugging must be enabled on the device. To enable it go to Settings/About phone and keep taping on Build number until you see Developer mode has been turned on. After that go to Settings/ Options then check USB Debugging.
- Download ResurrectionRemix M v5.7.4 custom ROM zip file to PC or straight to mobile device.
- Download Google Apps package to PC or straight to mobile device.
- Place both files into device internal storage.
- Now boot Galaxy Alpha into recovery: Turn off the device, then press and hold Volume Up + Power + Home button until recovery menu show up.
- Make a current software backup, so you will have a recovery file in case if something goes wrong. Tap on Backup and select all the partitions including System, Data, Boot and Cache. Then swipe to make a backup.
- After backup is done, go back to main menu and select Wipe, then choose Advanced Wipe and check System, Data, Cache and Dalvik Cache partitions.
- Swipe and wait for the wiping process to complete.
- Next, go back to main menu and choose Install, then locate CyanogenMod 13 custom ROM zip file.
- Tap on it and swipe to begin custom ROM installation process.
- After installation is done, go back to main menu, choose Install and locate the Google Apps.zip file. Swipe to install it.
- After process is complete, go back to main menu and tap on Wipe, then choose Advanced Wipe.
- Check Cache and Dalvik Cache partitions, then swipe to confirm. After wiping is done, go back to main menu ant tap on Reboot to reboot Galaxy Alpha.
- First startup can take up to 15 minutes, so be patient.
Congratulations on successfully updating Galaxy Alpha SM-G850F to Marshmallow 6.0.1 custom ROM!