The time has come and LeEco company officially released Marshmallow 6.0 update for all their Letv series models. As usual, with no Google services included or supported. And by the way, multilanguage feature is also missing.
That really makes any Letv device usability more complicated for Europe users. But don’t worry. We’re going to help you getting all those necessary features.
This software is based on official 16S EUI 5.8 update, which is only compatible with Letv Le 2 and Letv Le 2 Pro (x620) devices. Do not try it on any other Letv model.
Warning: All the information stored in internal memory will be deleted. It’s strongly recommended to backup your data to PC before starting tutorial below.
• Device should have at least 60% charge left.
• ADB drivers must be installed on PC.
• USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking must be enabled. Go to Settings/About/Software Information/More and keep tapping on Build number until you see that Developer options was enabled. Then go to Settings/Developer Options and check both USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
TWRP install tutorial:
- Using PC download Le2RootMegaPack.zip file and extract it.
- Extract Letv-X620-FlashTool(EUI 5.8 Only).zip file and go into Letv-X620-FlashTool folder.
- Open cmd window: holding shift key, right click on empty space in folder and choose Open command window here.
- On cmd window type fastboot devices and hit enter.
- You should get a serial number approving that device is properly connected into fastboot mode. If not, try to connect cable to another PC USB port or reinstall the drivers.
- Now lets boot Letv into fastboot mode. To do so, type adb reboot bootloader and hit enter. Letv fastboot mode screen will show up.
- Next type fastboot oem unlock and hit enter to unlock device bootloader.
- Type fastboot flash recovery Letv-X620-Twrp-3.0.2-0.img and hit enter.
- TWRP recovery will now be installed on your device.
- After installation is complete, type fastboot reboot recovery to reboot Le 2 into TWRP recovery.
You can also access TWRP menu by turning off the device and long pressing the volume up and power button simultaneously until you see TWRP recovery screen.
Updating to Marshmallow 6.0 with multilanguage support:
- Using PC or straight to device download Marshmallow 6.0 update file.
- Place Leeco_x620_BB72_GS_5801607142S-5.8.016S_OTA_V00_r1.zip file into internal storage root directory.
- Boot device into TWRP recovery menu as written in step 10 above.
- Unmodified System Partition screen will appear. Simply check Never show this screen during boot again and swipe to access TWRP recovery menu.
- Go to Wipe/Advanced Wipe and select all except Internal Storage.
- Swipe to make a wipe.
- After it’s done, go back to main menu and choose Install.
- Locate zip file and tap on it to select.
- Swipe to start installation.
- After installation is complete, tap on Reboot System. First boot might take up to 15 minutes, so be patient.
That’s it! Your Letv now have multilanguage support with all Google services included. Be kind and donate to BB72 for this huge and great work! You’ll find donation button in Settings.
Congratulation! You have successfully updated Letv 1s to Marshmallow 6.0 international version.
hi, I have a problem when i type fastboot reboot recovery ! my phone frost and the led is red ! what can i do ?
Have you tried access TWRP menu by turning off the device and long pressing the volume up and power button simultaneously until you see TWRP recovery screen?
Hello, i cant update my mob. Plz help me.
Which current step you’re stuck on?
Hi again, could you please advice how to act? I am stuck at step 6. I am doing this process at LeX620. Thank you for your answer and help.
Have you enabled USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking in settings menu?
Awsome post and straight to the point. I don’t know if this is actually the best place to ask but do you folks have any thoughts on where to hire some priesfsoonal writers? Thanks in advance
hi, I have a problem. When typing: “adb reboot bootloader” I receive an information “error: device not found”
but when I type fastboot devices I receive a serial number:
Can you please advice what the problem can be?
There’s a huge difference between Bootloader and Fastboot mode. As far as I know, LeTv devices doesn’t have bootloader mode and that might be the reason why you get this error.
this soper latest app i used it .it is very good