Unlocking Xiaomi bootloader is easy cause you don’t need to go through lots of steps as on other mobile devices. With unlocked bootloader you’ll be able to make root and gain Superuser access on your mobile phone. After that you can install custom Recovery, flash custom ROMs or use unofficial tools and apps on your device.
Warning: Unlocking bootloader voids devices warranty. Proceed at your own risk.
Bootloader can be relocked using any custom ROM that includes a flash_all_lock script. That’s why you shouldn’t worry too much about warranty loss.
During the unlock process, device internal storage will be erased. It’s strongly recommended to back up all data before getting started.
• USB Debugging and OEM unlock must be enabled. To enable it, go to Settings/About phone/Software info and tap on Build number 7 times. Go back and choose Developer options, then enable USB Debugging and OEM unlock.
• ADB drivers must be installed on PC.
- Using PC download and install Mi Unlock software.
- Launch Mi Unlock tool and create account or login if you already have one. Please note that one account can unlock one phone within 30 days.
- Connect Xiaomi to PC via USB cable.
- After device is recognized, click on Unlock button.
- Unlock process shouldn’t take long.
- When it’s done, click on Reboot phone button.
- Xiaomi will boot up with unlocked bootloader.
Congratulations! You have successfully unlocked Xiaomi Mi 5 bootloader.
Leave a Reply