In case if you lost your Android device or it got stolen, all that’s left is a hope that security lock will protect your valuable personal data without being accessed and used with evil intentions. Unfortunately, if the person who’ve found your Android phone knows how to pull files using adb drivers, whole data can be transferred to PC. Other way to reach personal information on locked device is to boot into custom recovery menu and mount selected partitions so they become accessible via USB port.
But in most cases, lost and found devices simply got factory reset so they can be sold or used over again. That’s why Google started to use account lock feature since the release of Lollipop 5.1. Once the boot process begins, the device will ask to enter previously linked Google account and password. Now, the device becomes unuseful and that’s how Factory Reset Protection works.
Imagine, you forgot your password and Google account details. Does it mean you can’t even use your own Nexus anymore? That’s not fair! So here’s how to bypass FRP on Nexus in minutes following the tutorial below.
• Nexus must have a SIM card in it.
- Turn of the phone and boot into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding down the Volume Up, Volume Down and Power buttons all together.
- Use Volume button to select Recovery Mode option. Press Power to confirm.
- After dead Android icon appear, hold Power then hit Volume Up button to enter Recovery Mode.
- Next, choose wipe data/factory reset, then select Yes.
- After factory reset is done, choose reboot system now.
- Setup wizard will show up. Tap on any WiFi connection to get the enter password field. Instead of entering the password hold down “,” button and go into settings.
- Tap on language and then tap on the three vertical dots on the top right of the screen. Then choose Help & feedback.
- Search bar will show up, type anything there and hold the text to select “Share” from the popup menu.
- Choose share via Google messenger. Once the app opens, tap on New message.
- Dial any number in the To input field and then select Send to.
- You’ll see a contact’s icon on the top right of the next screen. Tap on it and choose tick mark icon. This will bring up phone dialer.
- Type any number to start a call.
- During the call, hit pause button and then hit add dialer button. This will bring up the dialer.
- In the input field, type *#*#4636#*#* to access test mode.
- Choose Usage statistics and then tap on the back option. Now you’ll access the settings menu.
- From the settings, you can factory reset your phone.