This TWRP install and Root tutorial is compatible with all HTC M8 models running Lollipop 5.0.2 or later.
• HTC bootloader must be unlocked. This tutorial shows how to do it.
• Device should have at least 60% charge left on the battery.
• USB Debugging must be enabled. Go to Settings/About/Software Information/More and keep tapping on Build number until you see that Developer options was enabled. Then go to Settings/Developer Options and check USB Debugging.
1. Download One All In One Kit v3.1.rar to PC and extract the package. If you’ve completed our bootloader tutorial then this tool should already be on PC.
2. Click on One.exe file to launch Hasoon’s all in One Toolkit software.
3. Choose Download HTC Drivers and click Go (skip this and 4-th step if you have drivers already installed on PC).
4. Download drivers from webpage and install them on PC.
5. Connect HTC to PC via USB cable. Choose Allow USB Debugging on device.
6. Then go to Settings/Battery Manager and make sure Fastboot is unchecked.
7. Using Hasoon’s all in One Toolkit choose TWRP (GSM ONLY) on the right side at the top and click Flash Recovery. Sprint carrier users should choose TWRP (SPRINT ONLY).
8. Close first cmd popup window so the second one will flash recovery.
9. HTC will restart in to recovery.
10. Using volume button highlight REBOOT and click power button to approve.
11. Phone will reboot. Now wait till phone fully boot up.
12. On the Extras tab select Perm Root and click Run.
13. Again close first cmd popup window so the second one will flash root.
14. Phone will reboot in to recovery mode.
15. In recovery menu tap on Install and look for SuperSU.zip file.
16. Tap on it and swipe to flash.
17. After flash is complete tap on Reboot and choose System.
18. Phone will reboot and you should see SuperSU app on the screen.
Congratulations for successfully installing TWRP and rooting HTC M8!