- download Marshmallow 6.0 update for Letv 1s
- how to flash recovery on Letv 1s
- how to get Google services on Letv 1s
- how to update Letv 1s to official Marshmallow 6.0
- Letv 1s Marshmallow update download
- multilanguage update for Letv 1s
- TWRP recovery for Letv 1s download
- update Letv 1s to Marshmallow 6.0 with multilanguage support
Letv 1s comes with China based software, which includes Chinese apps and services. There is also no multilanguage support. That’s why many users having this phone in Europe faces lots of difficulties when using it even in default English language.
Not long ago, we made a tutorial on how to update Letv 1s with great custom ROM made by Android programmer with nickname BB72. This custom ROM includes multilanguage feature and has no Chinese apps or services. Furthermore, major bug fixes were made for IR Blaster to work.
On 6-th of July, Letv devices received long awaited official Marshmallow update. As we expected, it came with no multilanguage support and filled with lots of Chinese apps that are useless in Europe. At least bugs mentioned above seems to be fixed. So we started to look for a solution on how to turn that cool Marshmallow update for international use. And here it is!
This tutorial is only compatible with Letv 1s (x500) devices. Do not try it on any other Letv model.
Warning: All the information stored in internal memory will be deleted. It’s strongly recommended to backup your data to PC before starting tutorial below.
• Device should have at least 60% charge left on the battery.
• USB Debugging must be enabled. Go to Settings/About/Software Information/More and keep tapping on Build number until you see that Developer options was enabled. Then go to Settings/Developer Options and check USB Debugging.
• Adb drivers must be installed on PC. It’s recommended to restart your PC after installation is complete.
- Connect Letv 1s to PC via USB cable.
- Using PC download TWRP recovery and extract it.
- Place recovery.img file into ADB and Fastboot drivers folder.
- On PC open cmd window: holding shift key, right click on empty space in ADB and Fastboot drivers folder and choose Open command window here.
- On cmd window type fastboot devices then press enter.
- You should get a serial number approving that device is properly connected into fastboot mode. If not, try to connect cable to another PC USB port or reinstall the drivers.
- Now boot Letv 1s into fastboot mode by typing adb reboot bootloader and hitting enter.
- Next type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img and hit enter.
- TWRP recovery will now be installed on your device.
- After installation is complete, type fastboot reboot recovery to reboot Letv 1s into TWRP recovery.
You can also access TWRP menu by turning off the device and long pressing the volume up and power button simultaneously until you see TWRP recovery screen.
Update to Marshmallow 6.0 international tutorial:
If your Letv 1s is already running official Marshmallow 6.0 update, complete step 2 then proceed from step 12.
- Using PC or straight to device download official Marshmallow 6.0 update file. Just don’t be afraid and let your browser open this link, there’s no viruses containing.
- Also download Pack_BB72_Le1S_X500_…15S_r1.zip file.
- Make sure both files are in internal storage root directory.
- Boot device into TWRP recovery menu as written in step 10 above.
- Go to Wipe/Advanced Wipe and select all except Internal Storage.
- Swipe to make a wipe.
- After it’s done, go back to main menu and choose Install.
- Locate Marshmallow 6.0.zip file and tap on it to select.
- Swipe to start installation.
- After installation is complete, tap on Reboot System. First boot might take up to 15 minutes, so be patient.
- When Letv 1s boots up, go through basic setup process while you reach home screen.
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery menu one more time.
- Tap on Install and locate Pack_BB72_Le1S_X500_5801507012S-5.8.015S_r1.zip file.
- Swipe to flash multilanguage package.
- After it’s done, tap on Wipe cache/dalvik then choose Reboot System. Device will restart couple of times during the boot process. It should take up to 15 minutes for setup screen to show up.
That’s it! Your Letv 1s now have multilanguage support with all Google services included. Be kind and donate to BB72 for this huge and great work! You’ll find donation button in Settings.
Congratulation! You have successfully updated Letv 1s to Marshmallow 6.0 international version.